Guide for guardians
Thank you to all of you who have visited the service of CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd.
Readers of this guide would like to ensure that children using our services are provided with the information they need and are properly protected.
We consider the safety of users as our top priority, and we are concentrating our resources and energy to create a safe and clean environment, and this guide is prepared in order to provide you with the necessary information for you and your family and protect your safety.
In order to be able to enjoy our services in a sufficiently safe and controlled environment, you and CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. must follow the principles below that will be helpful for us.
- We do our best to create an environment where we can respect each other and use our services safely and happily. CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. will do its best to get the help you need.
- CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. provides prior information about each service and content provided before you and your child use our service (when you purchase anything provided within the service, the relevant information must be clear), and we hope that this will give you sufficient control over your experience while using our services.
- If you or your child experiences problems related to the use of CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. 's services, refer to these guides and our 1:1 customer center so that they can quickly find a solution to the problem including allowing you to reach out to other appropriate channels, if necessary.
We also hope that this guide will help you keep open, candid conversations about your child's safety online activities.
1. What services CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. provides?
The main communication contents of the services we provide are as follows.
① Chat: Provides a chat function that allows you to chat with friends, and is used as a means of communicating with users around the world in public channels.
② Group content: Content that can share common interests or information or communicate with each other, and is used as a means to communicate with friends in the same group.
③ Public Post: This is a post function that allows users to leave their own opinions and share them publicly.
All registered posts can be viewed by all users, and a means to delete or modify the registered content is also provided.
④ Comment/Reply: We provide a comment function that allows users to leave comments on their posts.
In addition, you can enjoy wholesome content such as photoshoots and high-fives as a character or hero that can express yourself, and a filter function that hides inappropriate words is applied to all communication content.
If your child is chatting with someone they do not know or are uncomfortable with, advise them to quit the app and talk to their parents. With this guide, we encourage you to have a regular conversation about your online activities to make it much safer for your child.
CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. considers the protection of personal information of all users who use our services important.
Since every moment of using the service is a process of building trust, the principle for protecting personal information will not change while continuously developing the service, and users can always directly control their personal information, and we promise to work hard to protect you.
3. Tips for using the service safely
CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. would like to inform you that safe use is also important as you and your children can connect and communicate through our services even when you and your children are physically apart from close friends or loved ones.
We are also running an [In-App Customer Center] for those of you who are going through an emotional crisis or wondering how to help a friend who is experiencing mental health-related problems.
When using the service, if you or your children or friends experience specific problems such as anxiety, depression, stress, sadness, thoughts related to suicide, or bullying, please find the 'Report' channel in [In-App Customer Center] so that we could provide you with information.
Lord of Heroes Customer Center Route
- Settings → Customer Support → Customer Center → Select the inquiry type ‘Report’
#Me Customer Center Route
- Smart Box → Settings → Information → Customer Center → Select the inquiry type ‘Report’
Next, here are some ways you can protect your account and your child's account.
① Linking data to account: For services of CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd., you can select one of Google ID, Apple ID, Facebook ID, Twitter ID, and LINE ID and link it with service usage data.
This process is called 'account linking', and game data can be preserved through account linking.
If you do not link your account, you will use the service as a ‘Guest’, and the guest account will not be able to recover service usage data if the app is deleted or the device is lost.
For safe use, we recommend that you proceed with 'account linking'.
② Setting and changing the password for the linked account: Accounts linked to the service of CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. must be managed safely by following the guidelines provided by each platform.
Google ID - Settings and recommendations to keep your account secure
Apple ID - Security & Apple ID
Facebook ID - Verify and get started with Facebook account security
Twitter ID - Keep your Twitter account secure
LINE ID - Tips for safe use
③ Not to indicate personal information: It is recommended not to write a nickname to be used in the application as a real name. Also, the fields where text can be written in the app are displayed to all users, so please check that you have not exposed your personal information.
④ Use report function: If you found an inappropriate or unhealthy user, capture the screen to check the problem situation and report it immediately so that we can take action.
We will take action against unhealthy users based on the received report, and we will manage inappropriate names and texts identified in the course of action so that they are not used within the service.
⑤ Talk often about your online life: Talk often about your child's online activities. Please stay active with us by carefully discussing the risks of talking to strangers online and what to do if you have an unpleasant experience online.
If your child is having problems online, you need to take action right away so that he or she can learn desirable online behaviors and needs.
4. How to Start a Conversation with Your Child About Online life
CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. understands that it is important for parents who have children to communicate about their children's online life.
However, we are also aware that it is not easy, so we have put together a few conversation topics that can help you bond with your children, recognize behavioral concerns, and lead a healthy and safe online life.
① Try Contents: By creating your own account, you can lower the hurdles to understand the app and communicate with your child. (Tip. Learning how to use it with your child is even better!)
② Ask a question: Use a few fun questions that are appropriate to keep the conversation going.
- Could you show me how you decorated your character (or hero)?
- Could you tell me how you increased the character's (or hero's) stats?
- What content have you enjoyed the most lately?
- What is your favorite content?
- What topics do you often talk about when using social features?
- Who is your best friend in the service (Lord of Heroes or #Me)?
- Would you mind looking at which accessory would suit my character (or hero) better?
③ Identify the problem: You need to keep an eye on your child's behavior. Any of the following behaviors may indicate that you are struggling online or need the help of another adult or counselor.
- Sudden personality changes (increase in depression, anxiety, fear, or anger)
- Sudden changes in behavior (sleep disturbance, loss of appetite,
- Hiding the screen or device when others are nearby, or avoiding conversations about hiding behavior
- Extremely avoiding the use of mobile phones, computers, and laptops with access to online services
- Feeling anxious and emotionally distressed after frequently checking or viewing cell phones, computers, and laptops
- distance from friends and family
- Behavioral changes in public life (low grades, poor attendance, sleep during active hours, etc.)
- Imagination of harming oneself or harming others
* The symptoms described above are explained in the Korea Learning and Support Center ‘Edunet-Signs/Coping with School Violence’ and ‘Parents On Nuri-Cyber Violence Parent Guide’.
If your child is exhibiting any of the above behaviors, be sure to talk to your child and find out how to help your child, such as seeking professional help.
④ Start a Conversation to Help Your Child: Here are some conversation starter questions to support your child's online life and make sure he is not in need of help.
- Do you know what to do if you need to report someone while using the app?
- Do you know what to do when someone tries to have an inappropriate or unhealthy conversation with you?
- How much do you use the app per day?
- Do you think you have someone to talk to when something comes to your mind while using the app?
- Have you ever felt stressed while using an app? What do you do when you feel that way?
⑤ Make a Promise with Your Child: Once you are accustomed to having conversations about your online life with your children, help them develop healthy online communication habits that will promote healthy communication between you and your child and will continue to do so in the future.
There are several ways to help protect your privacy and trust.
- Schedule regular conversation time. Set aside time for conversation, such as family dinner or tea time.
- Involve your child in the conversation, ask questions such as “what do you think?” and respond openly to your child's opinions.
- It is also good to remind them that using the app requires a ‘rest’ and promise not to use it for a certain amount of time each day.
- Always openly talk about risks and problems that may occur online, and provide practical ways to deal with risks online, such as blocking and reporting.
- Please understand that it is important to always send and receive personal posts or conversations only with people close to you.
- Guide yourself to ask yourself, “What would other adults say if they saw it?” when posting or chatting online.
- Do not just watch, take action. If you see something that makes you uncomfortable, report it immediately!
- Please let me know so that I can always act with kindness and consideration
★ Wait! Have you ever had a cybercrime?
Please follow the guide below if you need help from law enforcement and investigations into cybercrimes such as fraud and violence
① Parents obtain as much information as possible about their child's problematic situation.
- What happened, who did it, and the nickname and ID of the inappropriate user (perpetrator)
② The problematic content or chat contents are captured and linked together with the time of occurrence of the problem.
- For chatting, nicknames, and IDs of all users you chat with are required, and we recommend that you capture as many chats as possible so that you can understand the chat history.
③ Based on the information you have obtained, please ask for help from the local investigation agency.
[Cyber Crime Investigation Agency by Country]
여성 긴급전화- 여성가족부 (1366)
청소년 사이버 상담 - 청소년사이버상담센터 (1388)
North America, Australia, New Zealand
South America and other locales
5. Can my child use paid products?
The service of CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. can be installed and used for free on iOS or Android mobile phones or tablets, and content that can be purchased for a fee is provided.
Depending on the device being used, contents for iOS users can be selectively purchased and used through the Apple AppStore and contents for Android users through the Google Play Store. In order to use the paid contents, the minors must obtain the consent of their legal representative. (This may differ according to country-specific policies.)
If your child uses paid content without parental consent and needs a refund, you can apply for a refund by following the guide below.
- Google Play payment: [Run the app → Settings → Customer Center → 1:1 Inquiry → Payment]
- Apple AppStore payments: CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. does not have the right to refund for Apple AppStore payments. Please apply for a refund directly to Apple/iTunes.
6. Can I restrict my child's use of services?
Restrictions can be made by requesting usage restrictions in Google and Apple device settings or by using the ‘Parental Controls’ feature that allows you to restrict paid payments.
7. Other precautions
CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. 's services include some kinds of goods that are used to enjoy various contents, and among these goods, paid products are included.
Although paid goods are not necessary to use contents, there are always inappropriate users who cheat on young children by claiming that they can create/replicate indefinitely or purchase these paid goods at a lower price than the stated price.
These fraudulent acts also apply to various items used within the app, even if they are not paid goods. In addition, there are other fraudulent acts that require sharing of account information by offering free gifts or gift cards.
This is an illegal means to obtain account information to steal information or take cash without giving any goods, therefore, it is imperative that your child do this and not be deceived by it.
Also, there is a risk of account information and account hijacking when selling or trading an account, so please take special care not to share account information with others in order to protect valuable information.
If you would like to report any problems related to the use of the service, please contact the [In-App Customer Center]. CLOVER GAMES Co., Ltd. will always try to identify problems and take action quickly.
Thank you for helping our service become a place of fun and safe communication!